The most famous old love affair in Lithuania, that happened 500 years ago, which is still shrouded in many mysteries. You think you know everything about a wonderful love story of King Sigismund Augustus and Barbara Radziwiłł (Barbora Radvilaitė), about a wineglass filled with poison that was served to Queen Bona Sforza, and about the impressive farewell procession of Augustus after the death of Barbara?
This whole story began in old Vilnius, in buildings that no longer exist. During a romantic walk, we will look not only for the palace of King Sigismund Augustus and Barbara Radziwiłł that has vanished, but also for the magic that imbued Vilnius in days of Renaissance. And the famous love story will be revealed through hitherto unheard details and an avalanche of diverse feelings. Long live love and its stories.
Objects (entrances to the objects not included):
- Jurgis Radvila Palace
- The former palace of Mikołaj Radziwiłł
- The Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania
- The Renesaince garden of Queen Bona Sforca
- Sculpture „Lithuanian hounds“
- The Layout of the Lower castle
- Kardinalija building
- Statue of the Lamplighter
- Vilnius University Library courtyard
- Palace in Daukantas square
- Vilnius Cathedral
- Foundations of St.Ann‘s and Barbara‘s Church
- Twardowski tower